1. Use of Pulse Protocol Website. Pulseprotocol.com (the "Site"), is to be used for communication purposes only. The Site is a tool for and is intended to assist Users and health care providers to communicate but is not intended as a substitute for the advice and expertise of a qualified physician or health care provider (hereinafter "Provider"). Providers and other Users may not use the Site, or any of the data or other resources linked to or contained therein (hereinafter, the "Content") as the means to diagnose a health problem or disease, or as the sole means of determining diagnosis or treatment. Pulse Protocol does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, products, procedures, opinions, or other information or Content that may be communicated, transmitted or linked using the Site. Pulse Protocol may use information provided by a User for its internal business purposes and to facilitate the services it provides to one or more Users.
3. Operating Standards. The use of Pulse Protocol Site to collect, use, and disclose PHI is governed by the following standards:
a) Legal Compliance. Pulse Protocol requires all users to collect, use, and disclose PHI in compliance with all United States and state laws, or the laws of such other pertinent jurisdictions, governing the privacy, security, and integrity of PHI and related data.
b) Data Collection and Format. Pulse Protocol will access only that PHI and data for use by or on behalf of Users of the Site as permitted by HIPAA, HITECH, the implementing regulations and other applicable laws. Pulse Protocol may collect non-identifiable information in all instances permitted by law. Pulse Protocol will limit its collection of data only to that which is necessary for fulfilling its obligations to Users and Providers and for its own internal business purposes. Prior to collecting or receiving PHI about an individual, Providers will provide the individual with a notice that discloses to the individual the type of information being collected, the purpose for which the information is being collected, the names or categories of those who will have access to the information, the methods for accessing and correcting PHI records in the possession of the Provider. The notice will also inform the individual User of his/her right to at any time withdraw consent for collection, use and/or disclosure of the individual’s PHI.
d) Data Integrity and Security. Pulse Protocol will implement appropriate physical, logical, and other safeguards to guard against data loss, theft, adulteration or other misuse of PHI under the control of Pulse Protocol. The method and amount of safeguarding necessary for data protection will depend on the type of data that is being protected and will be consistent with those standards identified by HITECH and the implementing regulations. In the event Pulse Protocol either discovers or is notified of a breach of its Site security system, Pulse Protocol will notify the applicable User and Provider so each can take protective actions. By using the Pulse Protocol Site, Provider agrees to such communications and agrees that Pulse Protocol may post notice of Security Breaches on the Site with information regarding appropriate remedial actions.
e) Enforcement. Pulse Protocol has procedures in place to ensure ongoing adherence to these operating standards. Pulse Protocol encourages Users to raise any concerns that they may have regarding the way PHI is handled within the Pulse Protocol by contacting Pulse Protocol at the address listed below.
4. Dispute Resolution. Any questions or concerns regarding the use or disclosure of PHI by Pulse Protocol or a Provider should be directed to MedRepublic’s privacy officer at the address given below. Pulse Protocol will investigate and attempt to resolve any disputes or complaints regarding the use and disclosure of PHI. If a dispute or complaint cannot be resolved between Pulse Protocol and the complainant, Pulse Protocol will work with a third-party to resolve the dispute or complaint.
Contact Information. Phone: +1-424-316-2953, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, located in Santa Monica, California
5. Changes to this policy. This policy will be revised, as necessary, to reflect any changes to current regulations governing patient confidentiality.
6. Refunds & Guarantee. If either Pulse Protocol or the operating physician determine at any time that they will not operate on the patient, the patient will be funded in full minus any costs that were incurred in any evaluation (i.e. physical consultation, diagnostics, concierge services, medications, etc.) and the non-refundable $500 deposit. There is a 10% cancellation fee if the patient cancels within 48 hours of the surgery. If the patient reschedules surgery after placing the deposit, there is a $100 rebooking fee that will be added to the total quote.
7. Pricing for Products/Service. All pricing is listed transparently on the Pulse Protocol website for each provider. The average price of a procedure is $6,800.